Policies and Procedures for Continuing Education
ALTA's Policies and Procedures for Continuing Education (Members Only) — This document includes general guidelines related to CEUs, requirements, topic areas, sponsoring agencies, and other related information.
ALTA CEU Policies and Procedures — Quick Reference (Revised 02/02/2020) — This document includes specific information about earning ALTA CEUs, annual audits, and what qualifies for a CEU. There is extensive information about what workshops, conferences, meetings, books, videos, webinars and virtual events may qualify, along with information about earning CEU credits by giving a presentation or organizing an ALTA professional group in your area.
ALTA has approved the following criteria for Hybrid training. Hybrid training is a specific combination of face to face traditional training, supplemented with some online content.
- Multisensory introductions of graphemes
- Multisensory introductions of phonemes
- Multisensory concept introduction of teaching the structure of language (Alphabet, Reading and Spelling)
- Instruction of multisensory techniques or procedures for teaching or practices
- Multisensory practicum practice of Phonological Awareness, Handwriting, Reading, Spelling and Oral and Written Language
- Characteristics of Dyslexia
- History of Dyslexia
- ALTA Ethics
- Human Growth and Development
- Prerequisites for Reading and Writing
- Synthetic and Analytic Phonics
- Book Reports/Journal Articles
- Overview of 504 and IDEA
- Federal and State Laws
- History of Orton Gillingham
- Brain Research and Dyslexia
- Evidence Based Research Data
- Formal Report Writing Instructions
- Other topics closely related to Dyslexia